Kombucha is the new super beverage getting squeezed into aluminum cans — and for good reasons. The amazing can provides maximum portability and environmental benefits that are aligned with Kombucha's target market.
Standard, Slim or Sleek!
Cask canning lines accommodate numerous kombucha-appropriate can sizes, in any Standard, Slim or Sleek formats ranging from 163mL/5.5oz to 568mL/19.2oz with minimal changeover time.
Inline Scale & Auto Reject
An inline scale provides onscreen trending of can weights to 2g accuracy, in real time. Get instant operator feedback for fill consistency and adjustments, with an auto reject arm that automatically purges out-of-spec cans onto a catch tray.
Industry Leading Fill Tech
Cask’s level-sensing probes ensure more consistent fills than other technology (timed filling systems, for example),to eliminate variables in brite tank head pressure or temperature that can lead to over- or under-filled cans.
The Power of Cans & Kombucha
- Our systems use food grade stainless steel fill heads compatible with stronger sanitization agents used for kombucha cleaning processes and an automated CIP (“Clean in Place”) function.
- For Kombucha brewers canning other drinks on the same system, our quick-connect fill head design makes for additional versatility in eliminating any risk of cross contamination and easily shifting can-size changes.
- Cask canning lines accommodate numerous kombucha-appropriate can sizes, in any Standard, Slim or Sleek formats ranging all the way from 163mL/5.5oz to 568mL/19.2oz. Changeover time between differing can heights can be as quick as 30 minutes, and under 60 minutes when changing between diameters.
- Multi-diameter can versatility creates packing opportunity for other craft beverages including beer, cider, coffee and soft drinks.
- Cask’s level-sensing probes ensure more consistent fills than other technology (timed filling systems, for example), to eliminate variables in brite tank head pressure or temperature that can lead to over- or under-filled cans.
Interested in more information or a quotation?
Pre-Package Planning for Kombucha
- Cask and Ball Corporation, the world’s largest aluminum can producer, will work closely with you to ensure that your kombucha is ready for the mighty aluminum can. Kombucha brewers will submit a two quart (64oz) sample of their kombucha to the laboratories at Ball, and their chemists will test the corrosivity of the product. It takes generally 1 to 2 weeks to get results back from the Ball lab.
- They will be looking at pH, free SO2, copper and dissolved oxygen (DO), among other factors. Ball will only allow kombucha that meets their specifications to be packaged in their cans to ensure your product will be shelf stable and remain of the highest quality.
- A State of California Proposition 65 compliant BPA Non-Intent (BPANI) liner is available from Ball Corporation.
- BPA can come from many sources, including water used in beverages, metal pipes use to transport water and other ingredients used to make beverages.
- Using BPANI linings means that no BPA was intentionally added to the lining by Ball or Ball’s suppliers.
Technical Requirements for Kombucha Canning
- Pressurized tank to approx. 15 psi to feed the canning system.
- Understanding of shelf stability, additives or pasteurization for microbial control and health and safety, and regulations/approvals through the appropriate process authorities and applicable regulatory bodies.
- Successful and safe kombucha canning requires careful management of live and fermentable material in every can, to avoid problems under all storage and shipping conditions.
- Requirements for cold storage should appear on all can labels.
- Alcohol content limits must be strictly followed to meet applicable regulations.